Instagram has become a popular social platform these days. It creates a simple and easy way to capture, edit, and share photos, videos with family and friends. Now lots of young people are keen on sharing their life and activities on Instagram.
However, not all Instagram content is public. Many users set account private and decide who can view their content.
If you have followed some private Instagram accounts, you can view their videos and photos without limitation. Yet, if you want to download private Instagram photos, the issue gets hard.
Many private Instagram downloaders promise to help you download private Instagram photos online and end up nothing.
In this article, I will tell you how to download private Instagram photos in 2 simple ways. They are proved workable and free.
Let’s dive in.
Part 1. How to Make Instagram Private
By default, all your videos and photos are public on Instagram. In other words, the videos and photos you uploaded can be accessed by millions of Instagram users. If you want to determine who can view your photos and videos, you can make your Instagram private.
How to make Instagram private? Follow the steps on your Android or iPhone.
- Login in to your Instagram account and tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Press the three-line icon at the top right corner, then tap the gear Settings icon at the bottom.
- Press Privacy, then you can enable the Private Account.
If you want to make your Instagram account private on PC, the steps are similar:
- Click the profile picture at the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Click Privacy and Security at the left panel. Then tick the box next to the Private account.
After you make the change, only approved followers can view your content.
Now many users have made their account private. If you want to download photos from these private Instagram accounts, please keep reading.
Part 2. Best Instagram Private Downloader
There are many Instagram private downloaders online. Unfortunately, most of them fail to get the task done based on my test.
Fortunately, I find AnyVid downloader shows a reliable performance when it comes to private Instagram photos download.
AnyVid is a professional Instagram video downloader. It enables you to download videos, stories, pictures, and highlights without hassle. In particular, you can even download private Instagram videos and photos. Hence, many users deem it the best Instagram private downloader.
How to download private Instagram photos with AnyVid? Now let me show you the steps.
Before we start, please install AnyVid on your Windows, Mac, or Android.
Download any video from 1,000+ websites
- Step 1. Find the private Instagram photos, and click the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the post. Then choose Copy Link.
- Step 2. Toggle to AnyVid and paste the private Instagram link onto the search bar. Click the search icon.
- Step 3. Click the JPG button to save the private Instagram photo now. If the post contains multiple photos, AnyVid could batch download all Instagram photos at once.
In fact, AnyVid serves more than an Instagram downloader. It supports video downloads from 1,000+ sites. What’s more, AnyVid offers various video output qualities for choice. To be clear, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2K and 4K.
Give it a shot.
Part 3. Download Private Instagram Photos with Source Code
AnyVid comes in handy when it comes to private Instagram photos download. However, if you are very tech-savvy, you can download Instagram private photos without any tool.
How to achieve it? Let me walk you through the process.
- Go to your Instagram homepage on Chrome. Right-click the page to select the Inspect element.
- Then the inspector panel appears on the right side of the screen. Now click the Network and further hit Img at the upper right part of the inspector panel.
- Now scroll down on the Instagram page at the left panel. And you will find a list of images being loaded on the right panel. Click the thumbnails to preview them one by one. If it is the private picture you want to download, double click the thumbnail, and a new tab with the picture will open.
- On that new tab, right-click the picture and select Save image as…. Then, follow the prompt to download private Instagram photos.
The only drawback of this solution is that you can’t find the desired picture immediately. Despite that, it is a good way to download private Instagram photos.
You can download private Instagram photos without any tool. However, this method is time-consuming.
Therefore, I recommend downloading private Instagram photos with AnyVid. It is the best Instagram downloader with multiple functions. With it, you can download private Instagram photos and other Instagram posts such as videos, stories & highlights. Moreover, the download steps are simple.
Go for it!
Download any video from 1,000+ websites
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best Instagram private photo downloader?
The best Instagram private photo downloader is AnyVid. It is capable of downloading private Instagram photos, videos, and stories with only 2 steps. Moreover, it allows you to batch download multiple Instagram photos at once. Apart from Instagram, AnyVid supports video downloads from 1,000+ sites. And it offers various MP3 and MP4 output qualities for choice. In a word, AnyVid is a powerful all-in-one downloader.Have a try now!
How to make your Instagram private on your Android and iPhone?
1. On the Instagram app, tap your profile icon at the right bottom.2. Then press the three lines icon at the top right corner. Now you can find the Settings icon at the bottom.3. Press the Settings icon and find Privacy. Tap it and toggle on the Private Account option.
How to make your Instagram private on PC?
1. Click your Instagram profile and choose Settings.2. Then you will find Privacy and Security at the left panel. Click it.3. Now tick the box next to Private Account.