GIF has become as recognizable as the image, and it’s frequent to see GIFs showed on Twitter, not only in original tweets but also in replies to popular tweets. In today’s computer-mediated communication, the vivid and animated GIFs could better make up for the loss of nonverbal behavior that people could not impart when they text each other.
If you are a frequent Twitter user, do you have the urge to save a GIF for your collection immediately?
However, when it comes to Twitter GIFs, it can become a little tricky. Twitter GIF isn’t GIF at all, but a small video file converted to a proprietary format by Twitter.
To download Twitter GIF, you need a Twitter downloader to download and save it on your phone or PC.
Be relaxed! This guide is here to help you know about saving GIF from Twitter.
Let’s get started!
Part 1. Download GIF from Twitter on Android
AnyVid is one of the most useful Twitter GIF downloader apps I’ve ever used. Most of us use it not only as a downloader for GIFs but also for videos.
With AnyVid, you can download any GIF you want from all the tweets you like.
There are a lot of Twitter GIF downloader apps in the market. But what makes it fascinate me so much?
The two following bread-and-butter features will tell you.
● No ads and malware. The developer has designed AnyVid as a clean, safe, and anti-virus GIF downloader, which gives you a better user experience.
● Cross-platform compatibility. Whether you use Android, Windows, Mac, or iPhone operation systems, AnyVid can do its part.
Download any video from 1,000+ websites
- for Windows 10/8/7
- for Mac OS X 14+
- for Android
- Install AnyVid on your Android phone and go to your Twitter feed. Select the GIF that you want to save and copy its link address.
- Now open AnyVid and paste that link to the search bar and click on Search.
- Download Twitter GIF now.
Part 2. Download Twitter GIF on Desktop
AnyVid gives you more of everything you need about Twitter GIF download. Download Twitter GIF and video in three supported operation systems – Android, Windows, and Mac. Laugh at and share with your favorite Twitter GIFs after you have downloaded them in AnyVid.
Now discover smart features in AnyVid you’ll love.
● One account. Download GIF from Twitter on many devices.
● Download Twitter GIF up to 1080p at a fast speed.
● Find and manage all your downloaded GIFs and videos in your library.
● More than a Twitter GIF & video downloader. Explore 1000+ supported sites, discover videos and music, download to watch, and listen offline.
Now see how to download GIF from Twitter.
- Copy a link from Twitter.
- If you copied the link, open AnyVid, then paste the link into the search bar.
- Download Twitter GIF.
Animated Twitter GIF.
Now on your computer.
Have your try!
How to Download a GIF from Twitter without Software?
You can either download GIF Twitter using an online video downloader.
AmoyShare Twitter Video Downloader online could be the best tool for you. Perform quickly just like AnyVid and also support many other resources to download GIF and video.
You may hardly find any app on the App Store for iOS devices. So, for iOS devices users, I recommend you head to your browser and utilize the web tool.
- Select a GIF you want on Twitter and copy the link.
- Paste the Twitter GIF link to the search bar and then hit the download button.
- Then open a new window. Click the vertical dots on the right side and download the Twitter GIF now.
Part 4. How to Save a GIF on iPhone from Twitter?
For those with an iPhone, AmoyShare Twitter Video Downloader is your best choice.
As Apple’s strict security rules, you cannot download Twitter GIF directly via Safari browser. Documents by Readdle can make it up.
Once you’ve downloaded Documents by Readdle to your iPhone, let’s see how to save GIF from Twitter.
- Open Documents and click the compass-shaped browser icon at the lower right corner.
- Search for AmoyShare Twitter Video Downloader in the search box.
- Copy a Twitter GIF link.
- Go back to AmoyShare Twitter Video Downloader. Copy Twitter GIF link to the search bar in the middle of the screen and search for it. Then choose the download option according to the resolution.
- Documents will direct you to a new page and then choose the file location. Done!
Part 5. How to Convert Twitter Video to GIF?
Now that you have saved GIF from Twitter as .mp4 format, I will show you how to convert it to .gif format.
Kapwing is a free and trustworthy online tool you can use to save the Twitter GIF in .gif format immediately. You’ll need to know just 2 steps to get the job done.
- Upload the GIF to the Kapwing Studio. Head over to Kapwing.com and sign up for free. Then go to Kapwing Studio, where you can use all of Kapwing’s editing tools in one place.Now, choose the Click to upload field.
- Process & Download. After your Twitter GIF has been uploaded to the Kapwing Studio, there is one thing you must do. The default output file is in MP4 format, so you need to change it to GIF. Click Settings on the top right corner of the interface, and then you will see a pop-up. And make the change.Now just click the red “Export GIF” button in the top right corner. Your GIF will be downloaded in a few seconds.
Try IT, and You Will Like IT
Have you found this post useful?
If you are looking for a Twitter GIF downloader, I do recommend you to use the tools I have tested above.
AnyVid – the professional app for saving HD Twitter GIF.
AmoyShare Twitter Video Downloader – the convenient online tool for saving Twitter GIF quickly. Kapwing – the handy online editor to convert video to GIF.
They can work quite well and smoothly to download Twitter GIF.
What are you waiting for? Give it a shot and voice your opinions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to download a GIF from Twitter without software?
1. Find the GIF you want to save and copy the tweet link from Twitter.2. On the browser, open AmoyShare Twitter Video Downloader and paste the GIF URL to the text field.3. Press the Download button.4. Then open a new window. Click the vertical dots on the right side and download the Twitter GIF.
How to save a GIF from Twitter?
1. Copy a link from Twitter.2. Launch AnyVid, then paste the link into the search box.3. Download Twitter GIF.