Sometimes we don’t need to WATCH a YouTube video, but only listen to YouTube for various reasons.
Maybe you have a long drive to and from home to work every day, and could use that time to listen to YouTube music, videos or podcasts that could be beneficial to you, or maybe you just love a certain YouTube playlist that you would love to jive to in your car.
Whatever your reason may be, I did the research for you and found two great ways to go about this.
In this article, I would like to focus on two easy, safe, and fast tools that will enable you to listen to YouTube offline even while your screen is off. I will also show you how you can download all YouTube to audio MP3 or M4A files.
What are we waiting for? Let’s go!
Part 1. How to Listen to YouTube with Screen off iPhone/Android
AnyUTube is an app to listen to YouTube, which enables its users to download the audio of any YouTube video to MP3 or M4A files for you to listen offline anywhere, anytime. The AnyUTube app surpasses all other apps in its category and provides users with a safe, easy, and fast downloading process.
And that’s not all! AnyUTube allows you to listen to YouTube offline in the background or even while your screen is off. So in other words, you are free to carry on listening to YouTube audio files while attending to other business on your mobile. To top it off, you won’t ever have to worry about annoying ads or spyware again!
Pretty cool right?
Go ahead and try out a free version right here.
Easy but powerful video downloader & converter
- Mac OS X 10.9+
This app is compatible with Android, Windows and Mac. Let’s get right in!
Android Users Guide
Install and launch the AnyUTube app on your devices. Try the steps below to get music from YouTube.
- Find the YouTube video whose audio you want using the adaptable keyword search bar at the top of the screen where you can enter any keyword (e.g. song title, artist, or band) or you can directly paste the YouTube video URL.
- Once the search results are seen, you can first preview the YouTube videos to see which one you want to download. Then tap “MP3” located on the right side of the video you have chosen.
- View the downloading process in the “Downloading tab”. When the download is complete you can find all your downloads under the “Music” tab to the right of the screen on your mobile phone.
How convenient and easy is this app? Now you can listen to any source from YouTube offline and while your screen is off on your Android.
iPhone Users Guide
iPhone users can refer to the article How to Download YouTube Videos on iPhone for a detailed step-by-step guide on how to listen to YouTube in the background.
Part 2. How to Listen to YouTube without Premium
For those of you who prefer to not download any software on your device and appreciate surfing some good free waves from time-to-time, then AmoyShare Free YouTube Downloader is perfect for you!
This free YouTube downloader is an online site that allows you to listen to YouTube mp3 by downloading any YouTube video to audio files such as MP4, M4A, and MP3 formats. In no time you’ll be able to listen to YouTube playlist, audios of your favorite music, podcasts, or videos offline for free at any given moment, anywhere, even while your device is screen off.
Not only is it free, but it is also safe and super easy to use. Have a go at it yourself!
Below are steps on how to listen to YouTube audio only. Follow the easy steps below.
Listen to YouTube Audio Only Android
- On your android mobile device, visit the amoyshare.com online site.
- Enter into the search bar either the keyword relating to the YouTube video you want to listen to offline or paste the YouTube URL.
- You will see a list of search-relevant YouTube videos. Preview and select the desired YouTube video and then click on “download”.
- Once the drop-down list is displayed, select the file you want to download.
- When the download is complete, you can find the downloaded YouTube audio file in your albums folder.
Listen to YouTube Audio Only iPhone
For how to listen to YouTube without video, iPhone users may encounter a few extra steps than Android users, but you’ll soon get the hang of it after your first download.
- On your iPhone App Store, install and open Documents by Readdle.
- Select the blue compass-like browser located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When the homepage is shown, search for “amoyshare.com/free-youtube-downloader”. Once the page has loaded, you will find the free YouTube downloader search page. Now enter in any keyword e.g. song title, artist, or band related to your search or paste the YouTube URL.
- When the search options have loaded, preview the videos first to ensure you select the correct one. Then select “Download”. You will see a drop-down list of various download options for audio. Select either MP3 or M4A.
- When the download is complete, your device will allow you to rename the file and choose where you want the file to be saved. In this case, I will simply choose the “My Files/Downloads” folder. Then select “Done”.
- It will immediately bring you back to where you left off on the site. To locate and listen to the audio version of the YouTube video you downloaded, tap on the purple folder icon to the bottom-left of the screen or go to “Files” on your iPhone. Tap on the folder where you saved the download. There you will find the downloaded file.
I love how this app has made listening to YouTube offline so easy and hassle-free. Give it try!
Being able to listen to YouTube audio and video offline and while your screen is off can be especially great for when we are not around stable and unlimited WiFi. Besides this, you will also be able to save and share YouTube videos, music, or podcasts to any device or USB.
In this article, I mention the two best tools to achieve this, namely the AnyUTube app and AmoyShare Free YouTube Downloader online site. Both solutions will also allow you to listen to YouTube in background while attending to other business on your device.
I hope you’ve found these solutions useful and tried them out for yourself.
If you find other solutions on how to listen to YouTube without premium, leave your voice in the comments section below.